Sunday, August 29, 2010

Every woman's favorite topic..

(.. Or maybe second favorite, behind her kids if she has them.)

Clothes.

Clothes and I have a love/hate relationship. For instance, I put of a perfectly good outfit...walk around in it for a few minutes...confirm with my husband or someone ("hello Mr. Next Door Neighbor, how do you think this top looks? Do these flip flops match?") that it looks okay...and then go take the outfit off and start the whole process over again.

This has increased tenfold since having a baby. My main concern these days is "is this appropriate for a mom to wear?" I never wanted to be like this. I didn't think my wardrobe would be affected in aspects other than size issues after my pregnancy.

Don't get me wrong, I don't wear mom jeans. Yesterday the husband and I were having a lunch date. I put on a denim skirt and nice black tee and asked him how I looked. "great" was his reply. I made him use my phone to take a picture. Then I looked at the picture and immediately changed. The skirt was just TOO SHORT, in my mind at least, no one on the streets would have looked twice, but I just felt really uncomfortable.

I think when you become a mom (or at least it is this way for me) your whole idea of "appropriate" changes considerably.

No comments:

Post a Comment